In the broadest possible terms, the theme of this blog is metaphorical cartography, the art and science of making the unknown legible. Essays should describe non-obvious features of reality or reflect on processes involved in such description. This is extremely broad.
Possible approaches or topics might include (but are by no means limited to):
- An introduction to a particular theory, concept or classification scheme and the applications thereof.
- A parable.
- Discuss a pattern you’ve noticed.
- How to think well.
- How to Become Good.
- Why the art you like is better than the art you don’t like.
- Nitpick philosophy.
- Make fun of a journalist. (If they deserve it.)
- Tell us about something cool.
Please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or @GrumplessGrinch on Twitter with pitches or submissions.